Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday

Today did not go as planned, but we just changed plans a little. The goal was to practice measuring using the metric system and then correct our invertebrate chart. However, the measuring took longer than I had anticipated, which is fine, but we will not grade the chart until Thursday. I am having the student put the chart in their notebook so it will be safe. This is an advantage to those who didn't get the chart finished.

We are measuring using the Standard English system and the S.I. system. We have pictures of different invertebrates to measure. Since S.I. is used in Science, it is important that the students are as comfortable with S.I. as they are with the Standard English system. We will be doing this all year long.

I will be gone tomorrow afternoon and so the students will be watching a movie about Reptiles and Amphibians, as that is our next unit. Students will have a sheet to answer questions about the movie. On Thursday we will grade the invertebrate chart and finish up on Bacteria and Fungi. There are lots of food made from these two kingdoms and we will be doing some tasting.

No comments: