Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday

I apologize for not writing yesterday, I could get Ask Teacher up, but I couldn't get the computer to let me type on it. Cole came and fixed it today, so that is great. Our new story is, "Shadow of the Bull." It is not my favorite as a young man is gored by a bull and the village men bring the son of the country's renown, though deceased, bull fighter in to see the injured man. The son wants to be a doctor, but sees no way out of the expectations of those around him. We talked a lot about pride, the kind that you are pleased when you do a job well, and the kind when you are just arrogant.

In math we began working on a pre-test to prepare us for the real test tomorrow. Students must be able to add fractions and do word problems and picture problems using the fractions. When students were finished, those who have parent permission worked on Khan Academy. This allows me to see where students are struggling, how long they have worked on the different problems, and who is really working. The best part is I can help students with areas they have difficulties, instead of doing a hit and miss kind of helping.

No comments: