Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday - homework

Today we learned about the magnetic field around the earth. We learned that the aurora borealis or northern lights, come from solar winds hitting the earth's magnetic field. Then we went to Youtube and watched what the aurora borealis can look like. It is beautiful. The students had the choice of finishing their periodic tables and biomes, which they have been working on all trimester, or doing their homework, 140-141 complete sentences (c.s.) and correct spelling (sp) are required. The handwriting needs to be neat enough for me to read it without working hard.

I also sent home a paper that requires signing by a parent or guardian. Parents have voiced concern that they do not know how their child is doing. When a student does not turn in their work I will have them call their parent right then. I hope that this immediate response will encourage them to get their work in and done on time. I am asking for a name and a number to call. If it is a bad time, let me know when a better time would be and I will have the student come in, either during lunch, during study hall or after school. I sincerely hope that this reduces the number of times that work is not turned in. Students in fifth hour did not receive the note, they will tomorrow.

No comments: