Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wednesday Happy Halloween

We had our pre-test in spelling today. We worked on writing a good sentence. This concentrated on making sure there is a subject and a predicate. Then we used our vocabulary words to do some dictionary work. Next, students came up with sentences with adverbs and adjectives to dress the sentences up. It was fun. In math, we attacked the multiplication algorithm. The biggest problem that I am seeing right now is carrying. The students want to write the entire number in the answer instead of carrying the tens over. We will continue to work on this until they are all more comfortable with it.. I do need to share a nice thing. I am fasting from chocolate till next week, so when the children encouraged me to get the dessert at lunch, I told them it was chocolate so I could't. They told me that the cake always had a marshmallow candy pumpkin on it. I said it would be too tempting to eat the chocolate so I better not. So, your sweet children gave me five pumpkin marshmallows so I could have a treat. What very nice children we have in our class. We went to the play at the auditorium. I have to tell you, our class was very well behaved. Finally, thanks to Mrs. Evans and Mrs. Reeder for their treats today. The children so enjoyed them.

No comments: